- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Islip Cold Case Murder Solved After 28 Years
New York State police are crediting forensic technological advancements and sticktoitiveness for solving a murder investigation after 28 years this week.
Troopers arrested Raed Innab, 46, and charged him with second-degree murder for the Aug. 21, 1984 stabbing death of 32-year-old Darwish Ali Darwish, who had been convicted of killing the suspect’s uncle.
Both men were from Brooklyn. Darwish was found suffering from stab wounds along Hecksher State Parkway in East Islip and later died at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore.
Darwish, a married and the father of three children, had just been released after serving a 7-year prison term for first-degree manslaughter in the death of Carl Innab.
Darwish was free on bail following his arrest by U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service officials on an illegal residency charge shortly after his release from prison.
Authorities had been received an anonymous telephone call warning that Darwish would be killed by a member of Innab’s family before Darwish was convicted in 1976, according to a report in The New York Times from the time.
Investigators ask anyone who may have information regarding this investigation to contact the New York State Police Major Crimes Unit at 631-756-3390.