- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bellmore Man Arrested for School Threat
A Bellmore man was arrested Friday and charged with making a terroristic threat after police discovered that he allegedly made threatening statements against a local high school, Nassau County police said.
According to detectives, 28-year-old Peter Andersen stated during a conversation on Dec. 22 that “he wanted to shoot everyone in [Wellington C.] Mepham High School” in Bellmore, police said in a news release.
The principal became aware of the statement on Jan. 3 and alerted the authorities, police said.
First Squad detectives arrested Andersen following an investigation, police said.
He will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.