- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bellmore Man Arrested for School Threat
A Bellmore man was arrested Friday and charged with making a terroristic threat after police discovered that he allegedly made threatening statements against a local high school, Nassau County police said.
According to detectives, 28-year-old Peter Andersen stated during a conversation on Dec. 22 that “he wanted to shoot everyone in [Wellington C.] Mepham High School” in Bellmore, police said in a news release.
The principal became aware of the statement on Jan. 3 and alerted the authorities, police said.
First Squad detectives arrested Andersen following an investigation, police said.
He will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.