- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Glen Cove Man Charged With Murder
A Glen Cove man was ordered held without bail Friday for allegedly killing his friend in the suspect’s own home the week before Christmas.
Edward Brown, 46, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. A judge denied bail and ordered the suspect held at Nassau County jail during his initial court appearance.
Nassau County and Glen Cove city police have not confirmed the identity of the victim, who is believed to be 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo.
The body was found hidden inside a container and covered with a tarp near Brown’s home on Madeline Place, where the victim was last seen alive Dec. 17.
Izzo’s family reported him missing three days later but authorities did not find his body until Thursday after detectives learned Brown allegedly pawned Izzo’s jewelry.
Police had issued a Silver Alert for Izzo, who had a pacemaker and was on medication to prevent seizures.
Medical examiners are performing an autopsy to confirm the identity of the victim, who Brown reportedly beat to death.
Brown is due back in court Tuesday.