- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 21 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 49 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 49 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
Glen Cove Man Charged With Murder
A Glen Cove man was ordered held without bail Friday for allegedly killing his friend in the suspect’s own home the week before Christmas.
Edward Brown, 46, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. A judge denied bail and ordered the suspect held at Nassau County jail during his initial court appearance.
Nassau County and Glen Cove city police have not confirmed the identity of the victim, who is believed to be 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo.
The body was found hidden inside a container and covered with a tarp near Brown’s home on Madeline Place, where the victim was last seen alive Dec. 17.
Izzo’s family reported him missing three days later but authorities did not find his body until Thursday after detectives learned Brown allegedly pawned Izzo’s jewelry.
Police had issued a Silver Alert for Izzo, who had a pacemaker and was on medication to prevent seizures.
Medical examiners are performing an autopsy to confirm the identity of the victim, who Brown reportedly beat to death.
Brown is due back in court Tuesday.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments