- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Kings Park Man Accused of Killing His Grandmother
A Kings Park man has been accused of killing his 82-year-old grandmother during an argument at the home they share.
Suffolk County police arrested 25-year-old Clarence Newcomb and charged him with first-degree manslaughter.
Police said he assaulted his grandmother, Kathleen Newcomb, early Friday morning at their Berg Avenue home.
Officers had responded to a 911 call of a woman lying on the floor at the house where they found the victim dead, police said.
Newcomb was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital for evaluation, postponing his arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip.