- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Medford Man Shot, Crashes Car Driving to Police Precinct
A Medford man is listed in critical condition after he was shot Friday night in Middle Island and then crashed his car while attempting to drive to a police precinct for help, Suffolk County police said.
The victim, 20-year-old Brett McCoy, was driving a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix on Adam Lane in Middle Island around 10:30 p.m., police said, when he was shot in the torso by an unknown shooter. McCoy was dropping off a friend at a house when the incident occurred, police said.
He was able to flee the area in his vehicle and headed west on Middle County Road toward the Sixth Precinct in Coram when he drove off the roadway and slammed into a fence in front of the Coram Fire Department, police said.
McCoy was transported by ambulance to Stony Brook University Hospital where he underwent surgery and is listed in critical condition, police said.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this shooting call the Sixth Squad at 631-854-8652 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.