- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Amityville Man Killed After Car Crashes Into 2 Houses
A 20-year-old man died after the car he was driving crashed into two houses in his hometown of North Amityville on Saturday night, seriously injuring his teenage passenger.
Suffolk County police said Roger Castro was driving his Pontiac Bonneville southbound on Great Neck Road when he lost control of the car, drove off the road, hit a vacant house and then crashed into a second house with residents inside at 8:35 p.m.
Castro was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger, 15-year-old Edwin Cruz of North Amityville, was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
One of the residents in the occupied house was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip for treatment of minor injuries.
A Town of Babylon building inspector inspected both houses and the vehicle was impounded for a safety check.
First Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about this crash to call them at 631-854-8152.