- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Bayport Puppy Saved After Falling Through Ice
Who ordered the chilly dog?
Suffolk County police officers saved a 3-month-old Labrador puppy that had fallen through the ice on Homan Creek in Bayport on Monday morning.
Officers responded to a 911 call of a dog in the canal off Paulanna Avenue at 8:20 a.m.
The pup’s owner, Kevin Fitz, told responding officers at the scene that his puppy, Simon, was missing from his Salt Meadow Lane home.
One of the officers spotted broken ice on the creek, followed the trail with Fitz until they heard barking and then found the puppy under a nearby dock, police said.
Backup officers broke a piece of the dock off and pulled the puppy out of the frigid water. The puppy was then reunited with his owner.
Any longer and he could have been a pupsicle.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments