- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 23 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 51 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 51 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 51 days ago
West Islip Hit-run Driver Got Help With Coverup, Cops Say
Suffolk County police say the alleged hit-and-run driver who critically injured a teenager in West Islip on New Year’s Eve got help trying to cover up the crime from his passenger and girlfriend.
Kristofer Busching, 25, of North Babylon, was arrested Sunday along with his passenger, 19-year-old Carlo Caamano of Bay Shore, and girlfriend, 23-year-old Alicia Santamaria of Bay Shore, who police said wasn’t in the car at the time of the crash.
Police said Busching was driving a Chrysler 300 northbound on Udall Road when he hit the victim at 10:26 p.m. Dec. 31. Police found the victim unconscious lying in the road after witnesses reported seeing the suspect’s vehicle flee the scene.
Busching, Caamano and Santamaria were charged with conspiracy. Busching was additionally charged with assault, leaving the scene of an accident with serious physical injury. Caamano and Santamaria are also facing charges of hindering prosecution. Caamano and Busching were charged with criminal mischief and petit larceny as well.
All three are scheduled to be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The victim remains in critical condition at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments