- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 15 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 17 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 17 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 32 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 36 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 37 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 49 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 49 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 52 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 54 days ago
Harlem Globetrotters: Anyone Up for a Game of Icesketball?
For hockey fans, the start of the NHL season can’t come soon enough.
But in the meantime, there’s always basketball on ice.
This may not satisfy hockey fans’ craving for some hard-hitting action on the ice, but the Harlem Globetrotters are here to serve, and it appears like they’ll do just about anything to entertain the masses — or at least the couple of hundred of people who came out to watch them slide on ice in Michigan on Monday.
Using ice cleats and not-so-fashionable blue hockey helmets the Globetrotters dunked and slid across the Michigan ice. They danced, did something sort of resembling dribbling and doused chilly fans with confetti.
It sure beats “Disney On Ice.”
Think we can make a new sport out of this?