- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Harlem Globetrotters: Anyone Up for a Game of Icesketball?
For hockey fans, the start of the NHL season can’t come soon enough.
But in the meantime, there’s always basketball on ice.
This may not satisfy hockey fans’ craving for some hard-hitting action on the ice, but the Harlem Globetrotters are here to serve, and it appears like they’ll do just about anything to entertain the masses — or at least the couple of hundred of people who came out to watch them slide on ice in Michigan on Monday.
Using ice cleats and not-so-fashionable blue hockey helmets the Globetrotters dunked and slid across the Michigan ice. They danced, did something sort of resembling dribbling and doused chilly fans with confetti.
It sure beats “Disney On Ice.”
Think we can make a new sport out of this?