- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Man Shot in Foot, Gunman Sought
Nassau County police are looking for a gunman who shot a 21-year-old man in the foot in front of his Uniondale home on Sunday afternoon.
The victim was in front of his house on Greengrove Avenue when the shooter fired four to six shots at him from a black semi-automatic pistol, hitting him in the left foot at 4 p.m., police said.
The victim was treated at a nearby hospital and released.
The suspect was described as a black man, 5-feet, 10-inches tall, approximately 20 years old, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and black pants. He fled on foot northbound on Greengrove Avenue.
First Squad detectives ask anyone with information to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.