- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Alex Jones on Piers Morgan [Video]: ’1776 Will Commence Again’
Apparently Piers Morgan believes he convinced some Americans to join his side of the aisle when it comes to the gun control debate all because of a radio host who lost his cool (we’re being nice) and predicted another revolution if guns are taken away from law-abiding Americans.
“I can’t think of a better advertisement for gun control than Alex Jones’ interview [Monday] night,” Morgan told CNN one day after the explosive interview.
“It was startling,” he continued, “it was terrifying in parts, it was completely deluded. It was based on a premise of making Americans so fearful that they all rush out to buy even more guns.”
Jones, the man pushing a petition to deport the British CNN host, became a social media sensation following the interview. As of Wednesday morning, Piers Morgan was still trending on Twitter.
In the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre, Morgan has been lobbying for stricter gun control laws and has had several testy exchanges with gun advocates on his show.
But nothing compares to this little dandy of a rant Monday night:
“1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!” Jones blasted. “It doesn’t matter how many lemmings you get out on the street begging for them to have their guns taken! We will not relinquish them! Do you understand?”