- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Norwich Woman, 82, Fatally Struck by Car
An 82-year-old woman was fatally struck by a vehicle while crossing a road in her hometown of East Norwich on Tuesday afternoon.
Nassau County police said Margaret Bolanos was crossing Pine Hollow Road near the corner Pine Hill Terrace when she was hit by a northbound Toyota shortly before 2 p.m.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The 29-year-old old man driving the vehicle was not charged after Second Squad detectives found no criminality involved in the accident.