- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 21 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 47 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 49 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 49 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 49 days ago
Wine Enthusiast Magazine: Long Island Among 10 Best Wine Destinations
Move over Napa and Tuscany. Wine Enthusiast magazine has ranked Long Island as one of the ‘10 Best Wine Travel Destination for 2013’ alongside regions such as Rioja, Spain and Vale dos Vinhedos, Brazil.
The honor comes as The New York Wine and Grape Foundation has been celebrating the fact that last year 48 New York wines were rated 90 or above by the three major wine consumer magazines — Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator, and Wine & Spirits.
“It’s a unique amalgam of metropolitan influences against a core of hearty, agricultural tradition,” Wine Enthusiast wrote of LI wine country’s allure, where more than 50 wineries dot the North Fork and the Hamptons.
East End vintners have perfected the craft of making aromatic wines rich with flavor. LI’s wineries offer a profusion of Merlot, Chardonnays and sparkling wines, among other varieties.
Oenophiles mostly flock to the wine trail to sample the latest offerings during summer and the fall harvest season.
Among the local favorites are Lenz Winery in Peconic, the second-oldest winery, Martha Clara’s Vineyards in Riverhead, one of the most recognizable names, and Channing Daughters Winery in Bridgehamton, which prides themselves on “artisanal experimentation.”
For more information, check out www.liwines.com
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments