- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
California High School Shooting: 2 Shot, Shooter in Custody
A gunman reportedly opened fire inside a Southern California high school Thursday morning and is in custody, according to local media outlets.
There have been conflicting reports on the number of people who were shot inside Taft High School. KABC-TV reported that two people were injured.
According to the reports, the shooting occurred around 9 a.m.
23ABC News said they received calls from people who were hiding inside closets.
Police are now securing the building.
The shooting comes less than a month after a madman gunned down 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
The shooting has reignited the emotional debate over gun control laws in the country.