- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Garden City Teen Accused of School Threat
A Garden City teenager has been accused of threatening to kill his school principal in a message found written in a classroom.
Nassau County police arrested Joshua Barley and charged him with making a terroristic threat, a felony.
Police said the 18-year-old wrote on the blackboard in his classroom at the Rosemary Kennedy BOCES School on North Jerusalem Road that he wanted to “assassinate the principal and take over the school” at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.
A witness notified the principal who then called police.
Barley will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments