- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Garden City Teen Accused of School Threat
A Garden City teenager has been accused of threatening to kill his school principal in a message found written in a classroom.
Nassau County police arrested Joshua Barley and charged him with making a terroristic threat, a felony.
Police said the 18-year-old wrote on the blackboard in his classroom at the Rosemary Kennedy BOCES School on North Jerusalem Road that he wanted to “assassinate the principal and take over the school” at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.
A witness notified the principal who then called police.
Barley will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.