- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Merrick Man Dies After Brooklyn Robbery
A 67-year-old Merrick man died after being pushed to the ground by a robber in Brooklyn on Wednesday night and now NYPD investigators are searching for the suspect, authorities said.
A police spokesman said Jesus Morales was found suffering from head injuries on 18th Street near the corner of 5th Avenue in Park Slope at 7:15 p.m.
The victim was taken to Lutheran Medical Center, where he later died.
A police spokesman said the robber stole credit cards and a black suitcase-type bag.
Police sources tell the Press that Morales worked for a travel agency.
Witnesses told police the robber was wearing a black ski mask and all black clothing.
No arrests have been made in the investigation, which is continuing.