- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Possible Lynbrook Murder-Suicide Under Investigation
Nassau County homicide detectives are investigating a possible murder-suicide in Lynbrook, according to multiple local news reports.
Police received a call at 9:40 a.m. Thursday for an incident on Catherine Street, police said.
Detectives reportedly said they found a man and a woman dead when they entered the house.
Police have yet to release the identities of the two people involved in the incident.
But a spokesman for Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice’s office confirmed that the incident involved a relative of an employee in Rice’s office. He wouldn’t release anymore details on the case.
Multiple reports said Rice was at the scene of the incident.