- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Man Dies in Motorcycle Crash
A 28-year-old Brentwood man was killed Thursday morning when his motorcycle crashed into a car in his hometown, Suffolk County police said.
Detectives said Stephen Milliner was riding his motorcycle westbound on Suffolk Avenue in Brentwood at 10:45 a.m. when he struck a 1996 Toyota Corolla, police said. The driver of the Corolla was heading eastbound and attempted to turn left into a parking lot when Milliner crashed as he tried to avoid the car, police said.
He was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he died from his injuries, police said. The other driver, a 45-year-old East Northport resident, was not injured.
Both vehicles were impounded for a safety check. The driver of the car received a summons for driving an unregistered vehicle.