- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Beach Man Wounded in Shooting
A Long Beach man was shot and wounded at an Island Park restaurant/bar at around midnight Sunday, authorities said.
The victim’s friend called 911 to report that the victim told the caller he was shot in the abdomen, according to Long Beach city police.
Officers responded to the victim’s house, where he told the officers that he walked home after the shooting, police said.
The victim was taken to South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside for treatment.