- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 12 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 13 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 13 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 29 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 33 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 34 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 45 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 46 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 48 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 51 days ago
Long Beach Man Wounded in Shooting
A Long Beach man was shot and wounded at an Island Park restaurant/bar at around midnight Sunday, authorities said.
The victim’s friend called 911 to report that the victim told the caller he was shot in the abdomen, according to Long Beach city police.
Officers responded to the victim’s house, where he told the officers that he walked home after the shooting, police said.
The victim was taken to South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside for treatment.