- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wantagh Teens Stole $10K in Bongs, Cops Say
Kenneth Ryall and Kevin Lavelle, both 16 and from Wantagh, allegedly smashed the front window of Twisted Glass on Wantagh Avenue shortly after 6 p.m. Nov. 1, police said.
The teens then entered the store, which was closed at the time, and stole 19 “artisan glass tobacco pipes,” aka hand-made bongs averaging more than $500 apiece, police said.
Seventh Squad detectives investigating the heist nabbed Ryall on Saturday and Lavelle on Sunday, police said. Both were charged with burglary.
Ryall was conditionally released to probation and his case was referred to the adolescent diversion program. He is due back in court Jan. 23.
Lavelle will be arraigned Monday First District Court in Hempstead.