- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
New, Old, Jimi Hendrix – ‘Somewhere’
According to the YouTube info, and some scattered comments on a Reddit thread, “Somewhere” is a (largely) previously unreleased song from the late, great Jimi Hendrix, set to appear on an upcoming (March 5) album of previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix music, People, Hell and Angels.
Says Rolling Stone, the song was recorded in 1968, with Buddy Miles on drums and Stephen Stills on bass, and was part of the recording for First rays of the New Rising Sun, Hendrix’ follow-up to Electric Ladyland. Hendrix died before the new album could be completed.
People, Hell and Angels is scheduled for a March 5 release. Also expected this year is All Is By My Side, a biopic on the iconic guitarist, starring Andre 3000, of Outkast fame. The film, which is said to focus on Hendrix’ early years, is a bit more controversial, as it was not officially approved of by the Hendrix estate, and therefore, could contain no actual Jimi Hendrix music.
For now, “Somewhere” will certainly fill that void.
Listen to Jimi Hendrix, “Somewhere” below.