- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
New, Old, Jimi Hendrix – ‘Somewhere’
According to the YouTube info, and some scattered comments on a Reddit thread, “Somewhere” is a (largely) previously unreleased song from the late, great Jimi Hendrix, set to appear on an upcoming (March 5) album of previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix music, People, Hell and Angels.
Says Rolling Stone, the song was recorded in 1968, with Buddy Miles on drums and Stephen Stills on bass, and was part of the recording for First rays of the New Rising Sun, Hendrix’ follow-up to Electric Ladyland. Hendrix died before the new album could be completed.
People, Hell and Angels is scheduled for a March 5 release. Also expected this year is All Is By My Side, a biopic on the iconic guitarist, starring Andre 3000, of Outkast fame. The film, which is said to focus on Hendrix’ early years, is a bit more controversial, as it was not officially approved of by the Hendrix estate, and therefore, could contain no actual Jimi Hendrix music.
For now, “Somewhere” will certainly fill that void.
Listen to Jimi Hendrix, “Somewhere” below.