- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 23 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 51 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 51 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 51 days ago
Smithtown Water Main Break Affects 26 Homes
Crews are in Smithtown working on a water main break that caused more than two dozen homes to be without water Tuesday morning, the Suffolk County Water Authority said.
Approximately 26 homes were affected by the water main break, which occurred on Mt. Pleasant Road, officials said.
Water is expected to be restored to customers by the early afternoon, said Tim Motz, a spokesman for the company. The water authority anticipates a temporary patch on the street to be completed by late afternoon, he noted.
Suffolk County police said they received a phone call reporting a hole in the street around 3:40 a.m., a spokeswoman said.
The road is closed between Cambridge Drive and Daisy Lane, police said.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments