- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dix Hills Pedestrian Fatally Struck on Northern State Parkway
An unidentified woman was fatally struck by several vehicles while walking on the Northern State Parkway in Dix Hills on Wednesday morning.
New York State police said the pedestrian was hit on the westbound side of the roadway while in the lanes of traffic near Deer Park Road, exit 42, shortly after 6 a.m.
The incident occurred near where 16-year-old Taylor Ann Cavalere was fatally struck by a car after walking onto the parkway shortly after she left an under-aged drinking party in April 2011.
The westbound lanes of the parkway were closed during the morning rush hour commute while investigators were on the scene.
Anyone with information regarding this incident please contact Investigator Richard Esposito at 631-231-6389.