- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Dix Hills Pedestrian Fatally Struck on Northern State Parkway
An unidentified woman was fatally struck by several vehicles while walking on the Northern State Parkway in Dix Hills on Wednesday morning.
New York State police said the pedestrian was hit on the westbound side of the roadway while in the lanes of traffic near Deer Park Road, exit 42, shortly after 6 a.m.
The incident occurred near where 16-year-old Taylor Ann Cavalere was fatally struck by a car after walking onto the parkway shortly after she left an under-aged drinking party in April 2011.
The westbound lanes of the parkway were closed during the morning rush hour commute while investigators were on the scene.
Anyone with information regarding this incident please contact Investigator Richard Esposito at 631-231-6389.