- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Boy, 4, Found Dead in Amityville
Suffolk County police have identified the 4-year-old boy found dead in an Amityville apartment Wednesday and also said he was the victim of a homicide.
Homicide detectives are still investigating the circumstances around Adonis Reed’s death after he was found alone and unconscious inside the Kethcham Avenue apartment Wednesday afternoon.
Police also said that his 6-year-old sister is in the custody of Child Protective Services. Police have not identified the boy’s parents.
The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s performed an autopsy Thursday and determined that Reed’s death would be classified a homicide. Police originally said the autopsy would be performed Friday.
Reed was discovered after a person called 911 requesting an ambulance. When police arrived they found Reed lying unconscious on a couch in the living room. No adults were inside the apartment when police arrived.
The boy was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he was pronounced dead shortly before 6 p.m., police said.
Anyone with information regarding the boy’s death is asked to call homicide at 631-852-6392 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.