- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Beach Man Struck, Killed by Car
A 57-year-old man was killed early Thursday morning in Long Beach when a driver struck him as he was crossing the street, authorities said.
Long Beach police said Ronald Tisi, of Long Beach, was crossing the street at the intersection of E. Park Avenue and Long Beach Boulevard around 5:24 a.m. when he was struck by a black 2008 Toyota Corolla traveling east in the middle lane. The impact threw Tisi into the air before he fell to the ground, police said.
The driver pulled over and remained at the scene until officers and a Long Beach Fire Department ambulance arrived, police said. Nassau County police were also notified.
Tisi was transported to South Nassau Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
Police are continuing their investigation.