- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 12 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 14 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 14 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 29 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 33 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 34 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 45 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 46 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 49 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 51 days ago
Long Beach Man Struck, Killed by Car
A 57-year-old man was killed early Thursday morning in Long Beach when a driver struck him as he was crossing the street, authorities said.
Long Beach police said Ronald Tisi, of Long Beach, was crossing the street at the intersection of E. Park Avenue and Long Beach Boulevard around 5:24 a.m. when he was struck by a black 2008 Toyota Corolla traveling east in the middle lane. The impact threw Tisi into the air before he fell to the ground, police said.
The driver pulled over and remained at the scene until officers and a Long Beach Fire Department ambulance arrived, police said. Nassau County police were also notified.
Tisi was transported to South Nassau Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
Police are continuing their investigation.