- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
That Song ‘Thrift Shop’ Done by an Acapella Fivesome is Freakin’ Aweeesommmmmmmeee. (See what I did there?)
Hi again. Glad all three of you are back for another episode of The Buzz. We call these daily stories of cool The Buzz but don’t really advertise that. So, it’s like you’re “in the know.”
Speaking of places hipsters buy clothes from, you know that song that’s on lots of radio stations called “Thrift Shop?” ….
No? It’s by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
No, Macklemore is not a fish.
No. Not Jerry Lewis! God, you’re old!
Anyway, for those of you in the know who are doubly in the know, here’s a rendition of “Thrift Shop” by Pentatonix, a highly talented vocal quintet. (Not the thing you draw on the floor to summon demons. Thanks editor!)
Whether or not they have a life outside of doing this sort of thing is under review, but they’re freakin’ awesommmmmme.
(That’s a line from the song. Get it now?)
Too bad insanely awesome internet covers never help anyone get into the music business.
Hm? Oh. Right. Hi Karmin!