- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
That Song ‘Thrift Shop’ Done by an Acapella Fivesome is Freakin’ Aweeesommmmmmmeee. (See what I did there?)
Hi again. Glad all three of you are back for another episode of The Buzz. We call these daily stories of cool The Buzz but don’t really advertise that. So, it’s like you’re “in the know.”
Speaking of places hipsters buy clothes from, you know that song that’s on lots of radio stations called “Thrift Shop?” ….
No? It’s by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
No, Macklemore is not a fish.
No. Not Jerry Lewis! God, you’re old!
Anyway, for those of you in the know who are doubly in the know, here’s a rendition of “Thrift Shop” by Pentatonix, a highly talented vocal quintet. (Not the thing you draw on the floor to summon demons. Thanks editor!)
Whether or not they have a life outside of doing this sort of thing is under review, but they’re freakin’ awesommmmmme.
(That’s a line from the song. Get it now?)
Too bad insanely awesome internet covers never help anyone get into the music business.
Hm? Oh. Right. Hi Karmin!