- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
That Song ‘Thrift Shop’ Done by an Acapella Fivesome is Freakin’ Aweeesommmmmmmeee. (See what I did there?)
Hi again. Glad all three of you are back for another episode of The Buzz. We call these daily stories of cool The Buzz but don’t really advertise that. So, it’s like you’re “in the know.”
Speaking of places hipsters buy clothes from, you know that song that’s on lots of radio stations called “Thrift Shop?” ….
No? It’s by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
No, Macklemore is not a fish.
No. Not Jerry Lewis! God, you’re old!
Anyway, for those of you in the know who are doubly in the know, here’s a rendition of “Thrift Shop” by Pentatonix, a highly talented vocal quintet. (Not the thing you draw on the floor to summon demons. Thanks editor!)
Whether or not they have a life outside of doing this sort of thing is under review, but they’re freakin’ awesommmmmme.
(That’s a line from the song. Get it now?)
Too bad insanely awesome internet covers never help anyone get into the music business.
Hm? Oh. Right. Hi Karmin!