- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Garden City Woman Charged With Attempted Murder of Husband
A Garden City woman has been accused of trying to stab her husband to death by plunging a steak knife into his chest during an argument at their home on Sunday evening.
Nassau County police arrested Elizabeth Marrinan and charged her with second-degree attempted murder, assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.
Police said the 47-year-old woman stabbed her 57-year-old husband when the argument became physical shortly after 6 p.m.
The victim was taken to a local hospital and was listed in critical condition. Garden City Police arrested Marrinan at the scene.
She will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.