- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
It’s Reigning Cats and Dogs! Again…
It’s a new year, and a new beginning for Reigning Cats and Dogs.
As you know, the Long Island Press underwent some big changes over the past few weeks: we’re now a monthly investigative journal and we have an awesome new website.
And, like Tupac, Reigning Cats and Dogs is being resurrected (a hologram is still in the works). This blog will be updated more frequently, but the content will be the same: pets. Some of the topics may look familiar to loyal RCD readers, but that’s only because this is a clean slate of sorts and they’re topics that are important to pet lovers (i.e pets and thunderstorms, dog parks, car safety, etc).
For my three loyal readers, you already know the stories of Herbie, Misty, and Daisy (so Mom you can stop reading now). For new readers, here’s a little background on the blog:
The blog was created to discuss all things pets, whether it’s local issues, tips for pet owners or interesting facts and studies. I am not a pet professional, just a pet lover who likes to share stories and information with fellow pet lovers. I have had a pet since I was three. I currently have the best dog in the world named Daisy and a sweet little one-eyed cat named Herbie. I also have canine nephew named Scooby who loves giving kisses and playing football.
Before Herbie rescued me I was in a deep depression because my beautiful, diva cat Misty had passed away. She was my best friend for 14 years, pretty much the definition of perfection, and I may or may not have a tattoo of her likeness. I have two other pet angels in Heaven: Sylvester the cat, my very first pet, and Lucky, a ridiculously good-looking dog. This blog is dedicated to them. They raised me after all, with a little help from my parents.
Enjoy the new and improved Reigning Cats and Dogs!