- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 14 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 14 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 29 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 33 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 34 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 46 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 49 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 51 days ago
Mineola Man Fatally Struck by LIRR Train
A 62-year-old man was fatally struck by a westbound Long Island Rail Road train in his hometown of Mineola on Sunday night.
Authorities said the victim, whose identity was not immediately available, was running northbound across the tracks at the Willis Avenue and Hinck Way foot crossing when he was hit at 10:25 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The 9:40 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma due in Penn Station at 10:59 p.m. was held at the scene.
Service was partially suspended on the Main Line while investigators were on the scene.
MTA police are continuing the investigation.