- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mineola Man Fatally Struck by LIRR Train
A 62-year-old man was fatally struck by a westbound Long Island Rail Road train in his hometown of Mineola on Sunday night.
Authorities said the victim, whose identity was not immediately available, was running northbound across the tracks at the Willis Avenue and Hinck Way foot crossing when he was hit at 10:25 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The 9:40 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma due in Penn Station at 10:59 p.m. was held at the scene.
Service was partially suspended on the Main Line while investigators were on the scene.
MTA police are continuing the investigation.