- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Lindenhurst Dentist was Drunk During Procedure, Cops Say
And you were afraid of dentists before this story.
Suffolk County police Monday arrested a Lindenhurst dentist for allegedly conducting a dental procedure while he was under the influence of alcohol.
The dentist, 57-year-old Robert Garelick, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Monday after police received a complaint that he was allegedly drunk on the job. When First Precinct officers arrived they determined that Garelick was under the influence of alcohol while performing dental work on a patient, police said in a news release.
Police didn’t say what prompted the call but noted that there was concern about the dentist’s physical condition.
Investigators declined to elaborate on specifics regarding the case.
Garelick, a Melville resident who is licensed to practice dentistry by New York State, was charged with reckless endangerment. He is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Tuesday.