- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
LIRR Train Hits Car in Brentwood, Service Suspended
Long Island Rail Road service is suspended in both directions between the Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma branches after a non-passenger train hit a vehicle Tuesday morning.
The westbound equipment train collided with the car just east of the Brentwood station shortly after 10 a.m., a LIRR spokesman said.
Based on information from previous incidents the railroad said train service will remain suspended for several hours.
The railroad has yet to release the condition of anyone involved in the crash.