- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
5 Men Nabbed for Huntington Home Invasion
Five men have been arrested for an armed Huntington home invasion early Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Three armed men entered a home on Leigh Street through an unlocked door, threatened five residents inside and demanded cash while the other two suspects acted as lookouts outside at 1:20 a.m., police said.
All five men fled in a Lincoln but were apprehended shortly later on Deer Park Avenue in Dix Hills, police said. Detectives recovered two handguns, police added. None of the victims were injured.
Charged with burglary and criminal possession of a weapon were 25-year-old Jason Gwaltney of Brentwood, 18-year-old Jaquese Jones of Bay Shore, 19-year-old Demetrius Edwards of Wyandanch, 17-year-old Nouvelle Lucas of Wyandanch and 17-year-old Tahjiea Carpenter of Huntington.
Carpenter was also charged with four additional counts of burglary for allegedly burglarizing four other Huntington homes. All five are scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.