- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
5 Men Nabbed for Huntington Home Invasion
Five men have been arrested for an armed Huntington home invasion early Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Three armed men entered a home on Leigh Street through an unlocked door, threatened five residents inside and demanded cash while the other two suspects acted as lookouts outside at 1:20 a.m., police said.
All five men fled in a Lincoln but were apprehended shortly later on Deer Park Avenue in Dix Hills, police said. Detectives recovered two handguns, police added. None of the victims were injured.
Charged with burglary and criminal possession of a weapon were 25-year-old Jason Gwaltney of Brentwood, 18-year-old Jaquese Jones of Bay Shore, 19-year-old Demetrius Edwards of Wyandanch, 17-year-old Nouvelle Lucas of Wyandanch and 17-year-old Tahjiea Carpenter of Huntington.
Carpenter was also charged with four additional counts of burglary for allegedly burglarizing four other Huntington homes. All five are scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments