- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Seaford Man Facing Weapons, Drug Charges
Nassau County police arrested a Seaford man Wednesday for criminal possession of a weapon after they discovered a rifle in his car and several assault weapons at his home, police said.
Detectives said 29-year-old Jonathan Erler was driving a 2004 Subaru north on Seamens Neck Road when Asset Forfeiture Criminal Investigative Rapid Response Team officers stopped him for a traffic violation and found a Flint Lock Rifle in the back seat and marijuana inside the car.
After he was placed under arrest, CIRT task force detectives and the Arson Bomb Squad conducted a search of his Seamens Neck Road home where they recovered six assault weapons, five high-capacity ammunition clips, several Chinese throwing stars, two bullet proof vests, marijuana and concentrated cannabis, police said.
Erler was charged with criminal possession of marijuana, criminal possession of a controlled substance, second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and six counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Police did not immediately release arraignment information.