- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Teen Arrested for Threat to Blow Up Kings Park HS, Cops Say
An Islip teenager was arrested Friday after he allegedly posted a message on the Internet saying he wanted to blow up Kings Park High School, Suffolk County police said.
Detectives learned of the message after school officials told police that a person had posted a threat on Twitter saying, “he had obtained a bomb to blow up the ‘Kingdome,’” referring to the Kings Park High School gymnasium, police said in a news release.
Detectives then arrested the 16-year-old and charged him with falsely reporting an incident.
School officials said they had previously been aware of students posting comments on the social media site regarding the rivalry between Kings Park High School and Islip high School.
The teen will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.