- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Teen Arrested for Threat to Blow Up Kings Park HS, Cops Say
An Islip teenager was arrested Friday after he allegedly posted a message on the Internet saying he wanted to blow up Kings Park High School, Suffolk County police said.
Detectives learned of the message after school officials told police that a person had posted a threat on Twitter saying, “he had obtained a bomb to blow up the ‘Kingdome,’” referring to the Kings Park High School gymnasium, police said in a news release.
Detectives then arrested the 16-year-old and charged him with falsely reporting an incident.
School officials said they had previously been aware of students posting comments on the social media site regarding the rivalry between Kings Park High School and Islip high School.
The teen will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments