- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Flanders Man Shot Dead in Home Invasion
A 21-year-old man was shot to death in his Flanders residence during an armed home invasion early Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Southampton Town Police officers responded to a 911 call reporting that armed men had broken into a Priscilla Avenue home and shot a man at 3:15 a.m.
Upon arrival, police found Demitri Hampton with a gunshot wound to his chest. The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead where he was pronounced dead.
The case is the sixth armed home invasion in Suffolk County in nearly two weeks.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this case to call them at 631-852-6392 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.