- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Bay Shore Home Invasion Suspect’s Sketch Released
Suffolk County police released Wednesday a composite sketch of a suspect wanted for a Deer Park robbery and a North Bay Shore home invasion last month.
Police said the suspect and his accomplice first approached the victim at the Deer Park business that the victim owned, assaulted him and stole cash and the owner’s driver’s license at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 12.
The men threatened to come back to the victim’s business or home. Nine days later, one of the men forced their way into the victim’s North bay Shore home, demanded those inside to tell them where the victim was and stole a briefcase containing cash and business records, police said.
Third Squad detectives are seeking the public’s help in identifying and locating the suspect in the sketch who participated in both incidents.
Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest. Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.