- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Baldwin Car Accident Kills Pedestrian
A pedestrian was killed in Baldwin Wednesday night after a driver struck her as she was crossing the street, Nassau County police said.
The victim, Evelyn Ramos-Coto, was crossing a marked crosswalk on Grand Avenue at Lorenz Avenue around 6:26 p.m. when she was struck by a 37-year-old man driving a 2001 Ford, police said. The 33-year-old woman was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead at 6:49 p.m., police said.
Police impounded the Ford for brake and safety checks.
Detectives reported no apparent criminality, police said.