- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Baldwin Car Accident Kills Pedestrian
A pedestrian was killed in Baldwin Wednesday night after a driver struck her as she was crossing the street, Nassau County police said.
The victim, Evelyn Ramos-Coto, was crossing a marked crosswalk on Grand Avenue at Lorenz Avenue around 6:26 p.m. when she was struck by a 37-year-old man driving a 2001 Ford, police said. The 33-year-old woman was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead at 6:49 p.m., police said.
Police impounded the Ford for brake and safety checks.
Detectives reported no apparent criminality, police said.