- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Baldwin Car Accident Kills Pedestrian
A pedestrian was killed in Baldwin Wednesday night after a driver struck her as she was crossing the street, Nassau County police said.
The victim, Evelyn Ramos-Coto, was crossing a marked crosswalk on Grand Avenue at Lorenz Avenue around 6:26 p.m. when she was struck by a 37-year-old man driving a 2001 Ford, police said. The 33-year-old woman was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead at 6:49 p.m., police said.
Police impounded the Ford for brake and safety checks.
Detectives reported no apparent criminality, police said.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments