- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 23 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 51 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 51 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 51 days ago
Newsday, News 12 Sites Targeted by Hackers, Report Says
Two Cablevision-owned media outlets, Newsday and News 12, were targeted by hackers Thursday morning, according to News 12 Long Island.
Readers using the Google Chrome web browser received the following alert as they tried to enter Newsday’s website:
Content from www.newsday.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your Mac with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.
Users of Mozilla Firefox also received a similar alert.
Cablevision’s tech teams were working on the issue, News 12 reported.
A spokesperson for Cablevision wasn’t immediately available for comment.
Google Chrome users received the same warning two days ago as they tried to access the site.
The Long Island Press learned of the malware issue Tuesday afternoon when a reporter was talking to a Suffolk County police spokeswoman who mentioned, in passing, that she had just gotten a notice about it on her computer screen.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments