- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
West Babylon Teen Nabbed for Drugged Driving With Minor
A teenager has been arrested for driving while high on drugs with a minor in the vehicle after he suffered a possible overdose behind the wheel and crashed his minivan near his West Babylon home, Suffolk County police said.
Cory Bennett, 19, was driving a Plymouth Voyager minivan westbound on 9th Street when his vehicle veered off the road and struck a utility pole near the corner of 1st Avenue at 11:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Bennett was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip for treatment of a possible drug overdose. His passengers, a 15-year-old boy, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old men, were not injured.
Bennett was charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, driving while ability impaired by drugs and driving while intoxicated with a child passenger 15 years old or younger, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
He will be arraigned at a later date.