- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
West Babylon Teen Nabbed for Drugged Driving With Minor
A teenager has been arrested for driving while high on drugs with a minor in the vehicle after he suffered a possible overdose behind the wheel and crashed his minivan near his West Babylon home, Suffolk County police said.
Cory Bennett, 19, was driving a Plymouth Voyager minivan westbound on 9th Street when his vehicle veered off the road and struck a utility pole near the corner of 1st Avenue at 11:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Bennett was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip for treatment of a possible drug overdose. His passengers, a 15-year-old boy, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old men, were not injured.
Bennett was charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, driving while ability impaired by drugs and driving while intoxicated with a child passenger 15 years old or younger, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
He will be arraigned at a later date.