- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Huntington Man Arrested for Town Hall Threats
A Huntington man was arrested for reportedly yelling death threats at a Huntington Town Hall employee over payment of a parking ticket, Suffolk County police said.
Robert Murphy “left the building in an irate manner” Wednesday after yelling at a woman and making the threats at town hall on Main Street in Huntington, police said.
Murphy is accused of saying he’ll “come back, kill some people, and then kill myself,” Second Squad Det. Sgt. John O’Sullivan told Newsday.
Detectives arrested the 55-year-old man Saturday, removed a .45-caliber rifle from his Huntington Station home and took him to Stony Brook University Hospital for evaluation.
After his release, Murphy was charged with making a terroristic threat. He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments