- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Hempstead Man Killed in Car Crash
A 58-year-old Hempstead man died after he crashed his vehicle in Lakeview early Monday morning.
Nassau County police said Mark Law was driving his BMW northbound on Peninsula Boulevard when his car left the roadway, struck two trees and a utility pole near the corner of North Village Avenue at 1:30 a.m.
The victim was taken to Mercy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
Forth Squad detectives impounded the vehicle for safety checks while the investigation is continuing but believe ths crash to be non-criminal.