- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Man Killed in Car Crash
A 58-year-old Hempstead man died after he crashed his vehicle in Lakeview early Monday morning.
Nassau County police said Mark Law was driving his BMW northbound on Peninsula Boulevard when his car left the roadway, struck two trees and a utility pole near the corner of North Village Avenue at 1:30 a.m.
The victim was taken to Mercy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
Forth Squad detectives impounded the vehicle for safety checks while the investigation is continuing but believe ths crash to be non-criminal.