- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Meadow Mom Drove Drunk with Son in Car, Cops Say
A 46-year-old East Meadow mom was arrested Monday for allegedly driving while intoxicated with her son in the car after she crashed into another car in her hometown, Nassau County police said.
Kirsten Schneider was driving a 1999 Ford south on Newbridge Road around 4:20 p.m. when she struck a 1995 Buick that was stopped at a traffic light, police said. Responding officers determined Schneider was allegedly operating the car under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, police said.
Schneider’s 10-year-old son, who was in the front seat, sustained an abrasion to his neck, police said. Mother and son were transported to a hospital and treated for their injuries and the child was later released to the custody of a family friend, police said.
The 70-year-old woman driving the Buick suffered pain to her hand but refused medical attention, police said.
Schneider was charged under Leandra’s Law for aggravated driving while intoxicated. She was also charged with driving while intoxicated and endangering the welfare of a child. She will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.