- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Coram Man Pleads Guilty to Fatal Stabbing
A Coram man has admitted stabbing a 32-year-old man to death nearly two years ago.
Darrell Scott pleaded guilty Tuesday at Suffolk County court to first-degree manslaughter.
Prosecutors said the 26-year-old man fatally stabbed Chauncey Scott, 32, also of Coram, on Aug. 27, 2011. The two men are not related.
The stabbing occurred during an altercation on the corner of Baldwin Lane and Pinegrove Avenue in Gordon Heights.
Scott will be sentenced by Judge Braslow Stephen on March 7.