- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Drugged Driver Injured Mom in Head-on Crash, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for drugged driving in a head-on crash, injuring a woman who had an infant in her car in Shoreham on Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Denis Karachopan was driving his BMW westbound on Route 25A when he crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and hit an eastbound Nissan shortly after 11 a.m., police said. Officers found the 24-year-old man to be under the influence of drugs, police said.
The woman and her 3-week old baby were taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where the woman was treated for serious injuries. The baby was not injured.
Karachopan was charged with driving while impaired by drugs, heroin possession and possession of a hyperdermic needle. He is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.