- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 24 hours ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 5 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 6 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 18 days ago
Drugged Driver Injured Mom in Head-on Crash, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for drugged driving in a head-on crash, injuring a woman who had an infant in her car in Shoreham on Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Denis Karachopan was driving his BMW westbound on Route 25A when he crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and hit an eastbound Nissan shortly after 11 a.m., police said. Officers found the 24-year-old man to be under the influence of drugs, police said.
The woman and her 3-week old baby were taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where the woman was treated for serious injuries. The baby was not injured.
Karachopan was charged with driving while impaired by drugs, heroin possession and possession of a hyperdermic needle. He is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments