- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Wyandanch Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Teen in Robbery
A Wyandanch man has reportedly been accused of sexually abusing a teenager authorities say he robbed in Northport in 2011.
Ariel Perez, 23, was arrested last month and pleaded not guilty at Suffolk County court last week to charges of sexual abuse, criminal sexual act, unlawful imprisonment and robbery, records show.
NBC 4 New York cited an anonymous source in reporting that a tip led MTA police to the suspect who allgedly locked a 16-year-old boy in the bathroom at the Long Island Rail Road station, sexually abused him and robbed him of $110 in August 2011.
Judge Barbara Kahn set bail for Perez at $90,000 cash or $30,000 bond. He is due back in court Feb. 25.