- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Central Islip Home Invasion: 1 Shot, Another Injured
Suffolk County police are searching for three masked men who injured two people during a home invasion in Central Islip early Thursday morning.
The three suspects were wearing dark clothing and masks when they entered the house through a rear window just before 1 a.m., a police spokeswoman said.
Inside the house at the time were a 48-year-old man, 13-year-old boy, 22-year-old woman and another female whose age was not known as of Thursday morning, but who police identified as the mother of the teen and 22-year-old.
After entering the house, the suspects shot the older man in the abdomen, police said, and then struck the 22-year-old woman in the face with the gun.
They were both taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, police said. Their condition wasn’t immediately available.
The teen and mother were uninjured.
Police said nothing was stolen from the house. Police have yet to release a motive for the crime. The investigation is continuing.
The case marks the eighth armed home invasion in Suffolk in three weeks, including one that left a 21-year-old Flanders man dead.