- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Amber Alert Issued for Southampton Children
This Amber Alert was canceled at 7:12 p.m.
Southampton police have confirmed that two children were abducted by their parents in Southampton Tuesday afternoon.
Scarlet Whitlock, 1, and 5-year-old Wiley Whitlock, who is developmentally disabled, has epilepsy and seizure disorder, were taken by Christopher Carcione, also known as David Cox, and Amy Whitlock from Magee Street at 2:52 p.m., according to police.
The Southampton Police Department activated the New York State Amber Alert Friday night for a green 1996 4-door Mercury Marquis, New York license plate #GBH5264 that the suspects and the children are believed to be traveling in.
Police say the suspects, who have a history of drug and weapons possession, fled with the children in violation of an imminent danger court order.
Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the Southampton Police Department at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting.