- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wading River Man Fatally Hit by Car
A 52-year-old man was fatally struck by a car in his hometown of Wading River on Thursday evening.
Riverhead Town Police said John W. Hyte was walking in the eastbound lane of Route 25A near the corner of Little Leaf Court when he was hit by a Subaru Outback shortly before 6 p.m.
The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, 71-year-old Anthony Simonetti Jr. of Riverhead, was not charged.
Police are continuing the investigation.