- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
Wading River Man Fatally Hit by Car
A 52-year-old man was fatally struck by a car in his hometown of Wading River on Thursday evening.
Riverhead Town Police said John W. Hyte was walking in the eastbound lane of Route 25A near the corner of Little Leaf Court when he was hit by a Subaru Outback shortly before 6 p.m.
The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, 71-year-old Anthony Simonetti Jr. of Riverhead, was not charged.
Police are continuing the investigation.