- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Smithtown Bowling Alley Roof Collapses Under Snow
A Smithtown bowling alley roof partially collapsed under the weight of snow dumped by the blizzard this weekend.
Suffolk County police officers responded to Smithtown Bowl on Landing Avenue after a 911 caller reported that the roof partially collapsed at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
There were no injuries and no one was in the building at the time. There was also a water leak due to the collapse, police said.
The Town of Smithtown, Long Island Power Authority, Smithtown Fire Department and Suffolk County Water Authority officials responded to the scene.