- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hempstead Fire Claims Second Victim
A second victim has died following the Hempstead apartment building fire that injured nine others and left 250 homeless after the blizzard hit over the weekend.
A Nassau County police spokeswoman confirmed that Guadalupe Ramirez died Sunday, one day after the blaze on St. Paul Road North that required about 300 firefighters from 14 fire departments to extinuish the flames.
Police have yet to release the identity of an 8-year-old boy who reportedly died in the fire, which investigators have deemed not to be suspicious.
Arson/Bomb Squad detectives and the Nassau County Fire Marshall are continuing the investigation into the cause of the fire, which started in a 3rd floor apartment.